Monday, August 3, 2009

A better week

3 May 2009

I think it's time for me to get some joy back again. I may have to wrestle it back. Luca would be 4 months old this coming week and it's hard to focus on positive things. I keep thinking about how he would be smiling heaps now and his little personality would be emerging. But I'm determined to have a more positive week.

I really hope I become a better person because of Luca. I know I am a changed person and I worry that it will be for the worse.

Some of the positive things I can think of are:
  • Having Steve at home for 3 months
  • If we have another child he or she will be a child we would not have had
  • I'll be able to help other people who lose loved ones
  • Some of my relationships have become closer
  • I am more grateful for Eliana
  • I have learned a lot about myself
  • I've lost weight and am healthier
  • We have a beautiful front garden, as we replanted it to remember Luca by
  • Life and love seem more precious now
  • Hopefully I'll end up with some friends I would not have met otherwise

I'm going to go to a playgroup on tuesday that's for families who have lost babies. Hopefully I will find some people to talk to as I worry my friends are getting sick of it after 4 months.

My new weapon in the potty training arsenal is working. Lego. A big bucket of it. She's allowed to choose a piece to add to her lego collection every time she sits.

No comments:

Post a Comment